Account/Ownership Changes

Account Changes

How do I update my address?

Address updates must be received in writing and include owner name(s), prior address, new address, all owner signatures and the last four digits of the Social Security Number or the full EIN. For your protection, address changes are not accepted via telephone or without the required information listed above.

Change of Address Form

How do I update the name on my account?

Company Name Change: Provide a copy of the Certificate of Name Change & completed W-9 Form.

Company Name Change due to Merger: Provide a copy of the Certificate of Merger & completed W-9 Form.

Divorce: Provide copies of your Divorce Decree with Name Reinstatement & completed W-9 Form.

Marriage: Provide a copy of your Marriage Certificate & completed W-9 Form.

W-9 Form

Ownership Changes

The information below is provided to assist with the required documentation for changes in ownership. PennEnergy does accept copies of the required documentation. Please note that in some situations additional information and documentation may be required. PennEnergy will inform you if further documentation is necessary.

Conveyance of Interest/Property
New Owner Must Provide

  • Recorded conveyance/deed
  • Completed W-9 Form for all Grantees

Death of Joint Tenant/Spouse

  • Death Certificate
  • Completed W-9 Form for surviving joint tenant(s)/spouse

Death of Owner & Transferring Payments to the Estate

  • Death Certificate
  • EIN for the Estate/Completed W-9 Form, include the mailing address for the Estate
  • Short Certificate/Letters Testamentary naming the Executor
  • Probated Will


  • Divorce Decree
  • Marriage or Property Settlement Agreement
  • Recorded conveyances/deeds
  • Completed W-9 Form

Power of Attorney

  • Notarized Power of Attorney
  • If POA is conveying property, the notarized POA must be recorded

Trusts & Transferring Payments to the Trust

  • Trust Agreement
  • Recorded conveyance/deed to the Trust
  • Completed W-9 Form for the Trust

To request a copy of your Oil & Gas Lease, contact Land Administration

Phone: 412.857.2291

W-9 Form

Contact Us

** Note: We do not accept walk-ins at our corporate office without an appointment.
Please call or send an email using the information below:

Phone: 412.857.2291
Fax: 724.776.4068

Address any correspondence to:

PennEnergy Resources, LLC

Attn: Land Administration
3000 Westinghouse Drive
Suite 300
Cranberry Township, PA 16066